[Asterisk-Users] How to dimension Asterisk - that is used solely as callback server - only sending untranscoded voice between two ISDN channels on PRI ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Thu Jun 16 05:34:21 MST 2005

Hi,

I wonder how I could dimension Asterisk system that will be used solely as
callback server :

- when user calls it registers ring, hangup and calls back - it gives him a
dial signal and calls dialed number on another ISDN channel out....

that means plain transfer between two ISDN channels - no transcoding or any
other stuff...

I guess using Asterisk in this way I could dimension for higher number of
parallel calls - but how many ?   General rule is to put 1 octo PRI card per
PC, but could I add another one or more if used in described way ?

Any similar examples of dimensioning ? Do I get any better with cluster for
such purpose ? Any other advice ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.