[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream phones losing registration with server.

Mark Brown mark at zatek.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 01:25:24 MST 2005

Hi Everyone,

I'm using Asterisk, actually A at H 1.1 with all Grandstream 102 phones.
NAT is not an issue as all including the server have public IP's

The problem is that the phones keep losing registration with the server.
I have not timed this exactly to see if they drop off with exactly the
same frequency.

The SIP TRUNK connection to my provider SIPGATE does not lose
registration, and neither does a Grandstream 2000 connecting in as an
external extension on a public IP on a different network; lose
registration.

The problem is that I am not always on site where the server is located
so have to keep rebooting the phones remotely so it does not affect the
users. They panic when asked to do anything remotely technical even like
unplugging the phone and re-plugging it to reboot, ...... lol

Is there anything that you could recommend I do to stop the phones from
losing registration with the server?

Cheers

Mark