[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Problems with FXO Ground Start Trunks and DID Wink Start Trunks

Syed Akbar syed.akbar at alicosystems.com
Thu Jun 16 01:08:48 MST 2005

I have the following configuration:

Stable Asterisk running on a Dell PowerEdge 800 with Enterprise 3 Redhat:
Digium TE110P card, connected to a Adtran TA 750

Telco IF:

4 analog DID loop start wink lines, connected to the Adtran FXS card in DPO
mode
4 combo analog ground start trunks, connected to the Adtran FXO card in
Ground Start Mode.

The telco lines and the Adtran channel bank are working. The Digium TE110P
card seems to be working also. I can see the bits on the zttool based on
changes on the telco lines. All the bits from the Adtran all are correct.
However Asterisk does not seem to be setting the correct bits from the
software.

Problems:
1. Asterisk is not recognizing the incoming DID calls. The CAS bits showing
on zttool are correct for the incoming calls, however, Asterisk does not
come back with a wink acknowledge.

2. We can receive calls on the FXO ground start channels. However, outbound
calls are not working. From the Zttool the idle bits are set fine. However,
Asterisk is not setting the correct CAS bits for ground start signaling on a
outgoing call on the FXO channel.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

I have zaptel.conf configured for:
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs