[Asterisk-Users] WiFi IP Phones

Terry H. Gilsenan thg at interoil.com
Wed Jun 15 16:53:22 MST 2005

This is not correct. IS[1] ratings are not applied by the manuf. They are
tested and eithe passed or not by independent testing bodies.

There are many IS ratings available, and they have nothing to do with the
level of liability, they are purely to do with the atmosphere rating.

[1] IS == Intrinsically Safe, marked with a green <Ex> or Fm sticker on the
device and its powersource (battery)