[Asterisk-Users] phantom answer

support at sigmasdi.com support at sigmasdi.com
Wed Jun 15 12:07:39 MST 2005

People,
My goal is to get asterisk dialing out via my landline (POTS) from a sip
softphone. Ive got the phone, The TDM400p is installed and working. (See
below) When ever I dial a number that is directed to the outgoing port on my
card (fxs/fxo?) I get no ringing, then it claims its been answered. the CLI
reports the following:

Executing Dial("SIP/301-f97a", "Zap/4/01614299100|20") in new stack
    -- Called 4/01614299100
    -- Zap/4-1 answered SIP/301-f97a
Jun 15 17:57:38 NOTICE[11121]: rtp.c:277 process_rfc3389: Comfort noise
support incomplete in Asterisk (RFC 3389).  Please turn off on client if
possible. Client IP: 192.168.0.7
    -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'

Anyone Any Ideas? BTW Apologies for the disclaimer at the bottom, but the
mail server adds it on by default and there's nothing I can do about it.

*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 pseudo            default
      1            default                    default
      4            incoming                   default
*CLI>

This is the important bit from zapata.conf

; DYLAN ADDED FROM DIGIUM.COM ********************************
echocancel=yes ; You can set this to 32, 64, or 128, tweak to your needs.
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes ; Asterisk trains to the beginning of the call, number is
in milliseconds
callerid=01614830073
signalling=fxo_ks
group=1
context=default ; Points to the default context of your extensions.conf
channel => 1

signalling=fxs_ks
;callerid=asreceived
group=2
context=incoming
channel=> 4
; END OF DYLAN ADDED FROM DIGIUM.COM *************************

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail is for the intended recipient(s) alone. It may contain privileged and confidential information that is exempt from disclosure under English law and if you are not an intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately either by using the reply facility on your e-mail system or by contacting us at support at sigmasdi.com . If this message is being transmitted over the Internet, be aware that it may be intercepted by third parties.