[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Digium Website Update: Asterisk Business Edition

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sun Jun 12 13:27:53 MST 2005

Brian Capouch <brianc at palaver.net> writes:

> what alternative means exist out there for Digium to try to ensure
> their corporate existence?

They already stated that the proprietary version, if I'm not mistaken,
is nothing but the free version, but with a custom set of features
that fits their support plan.

Why not just offer support on these features?. It's not harder than to
state which features are supported and it what shape asterisk must be
in to be qualified for support.

I don't see the reasoning, really. There would probably be more people
who would request direct support from them. I have no problem with
paying for services or paying to get a certain feature. I would gladly
donate to the project too.

All in all, there is a solution to support the project as a whole as
long as you got qualified support personell.

Set up a voip so I can call them over IAX/SIP for immediate support
charged to my credit card. I don't see this anywhere on the digium
site. Don't they want my money?. They could service support for
asterisk for the whole world and all you would need is a softphone to
dial direct p2p.

Set up a donation mechanism too.

They could still sell this software; no problem.

Digium also sells hardware.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m