[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Digium Website Update: Asterisk Business Edition

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Jun 12 16:57:58 MST 2005

On Sunday 12 June 2005 15:33, Jason Becker wrote:
> Optimization, dual-licensing, consulting, subscriptions, patronage,
> embedded, and hosted open source
>
> David Pool offered 3 more strategies: publishing, hardware, and training

As you mention:  Digium uses dual-licensing, consulting, hardware and what I'd
call embedded (ABE).

So they've utilized a number of these strategies.  Yes, Digium makes hardware,
but until it attains the same level of support that Sangoma can and does
provide (this is mostly issues with zaptel drivers I am convinced) it will be
hard to get people to stick with the Digium hardware simply out of company
loyalty.

Now before I get blasted for that, the hardware and drivers have gotten FAR
better than they were when I started with asterisk about 18 months ago, and
are continuing to improve by leaps and bounds.  Mark and the Zap hardware
team are making enormous strides and I'm confident that they'll reach this
goal, which is why I personally support them on the hardware side.

-A.