[Asterisk-Users] Best platform

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sat Jun 11 07:00:24 MST 2005

Mike M wrote:

>On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 02:03:59PM +0200, Michiel van Baak wrote:
>

>>On 13:22, Sat 11 Jun 05, Serge Schumacher wrote:
>>

>>>What platform should you suggest to use asterisk ?
>>>

>>I love the way the Debian updates work.
>>

>Me too, but has the installation improved with the latest Sarge release?
>The announcement claims there are improvements.  Debian has been
>extremely slow to improve it installer.
>
>I used CentOS 3.4 on two recent Asterisk installs with no problems.

I have used debian since 1997. There have been great improvements to the
installer. My usage has been primarily server(as opposed to
workstation). However, I also use it for my workstation needs. When I
need access to windows I use the linux remote desktop client to login to
remote win systems I have access to.

I am composing this on a p2-450 with 128mb connected via dialup. It runs
debian sarge. The mail client is mozilla thunderbird. I am using imap to
access the mail folders on a debian sarge machine at my network ops. It
took me about 2 hours to throw these parts together and install the
software I needed.