[Asterisk-Users] Best platform

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 11 18:00:24 MST 2005

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 10:58:13AM -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Saturday 11 June 2005 10:36, Mike M wrote:
> > You're running from an upgraded Slink?  That's the beauty of Debian.
>
> What distro *doesn't* let you do this?  I've been doing it this way with
> Slackware since the 3.x versions for chrissakes.

I think the RH distros are not too good with upgrading.  You don't hear
many testimonials about running RHEL after having started from RH 5.0.
Upgrading from the internet for free is not a good idea if you want to sell a new
box 'o software every year to same person.

With Debian, upgrading is nearly idiot-proof.  I don't know about Slack.
I've never used it.

--
Mike