[Asterisk-Users] Should I choose DSL @ 1.5 or a full T1?

Tom tom at ispstuff.com
Fri Jun 10 18:50:25 MST 2005

At 08:26 PM 6/10/2005, you wrote:
>I'm looking to expand my bandwidth for my Asterisk PBX.
>
>Why should I choose a T1 over DSL for my asterisk server?

Read the SLA (Service Level Agreement) on each.  DSL usually doesn't have
one.  You are buying an oversold connection which might give you the speed
you are buying.  A full T1 should be 1.5Mbps full duplex.

>I found someone offering T1's for $290 a month + Loops or 3 Meg for $561 a
>month + Loops.  Is this a good deal?

Again, it depends on the company.  From a Tier 1 provider with a good SLA
it is a good deal.  From an over-subscribed CLEC, probably not.

Tom