[Asterisk-Users] Should I choose DSL @ 1.5 or a full T1?

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Fri Jun 10 19:01:37 MST 2005

On Jun 10, 2005, at 6:38 PM, Michael Welter wrote:

> Barton Fisher wrote:
>> I'm looking to expand my bandwidth for my Asterisk PBX.  Why should I
>> choose a T1 over DSL for my asterisk server?  I found someone
>> offering T1's for $290 a month + Loops or 3 Meg for $561 a month +
>> Loops.  Is this a good deal?
>>  Thanks
>>  Bart
> Where are you located?  What CLEC gives you a T-1 for $290?

FWIW I provisioned a PRI and a DS-1 for $300 each. Don't know if I'm
getting a break for having a voice and a data circuit broken out from
one fiber drop, but that's what I'm paying here in Orange County. Also,
I had a business cable modem before, which was *allegedly* not shared
for business customers (suspicious) and the throughput was a roller
coaster, as was the latency. The DS-1 cleared all that up.

/rg

Robert Goodyear
Brand Up LLC
http://www.brand-up.com