[Asterisk-Users] RE: astGUIclient installation problem

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Thu Jun 9 10:29:49 MST 2005

>Hi everyone:
>
>I try to install astGUIclient for my call center. I'm interesting to
>put in work the monitoring client, i follow step by step the
>installation from scratch but when i try to run the application
>from my Windows XP astGUIclient i got the follow error:
>
>Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
>consider up
>grading MySQL client at astGUIclient_1.1.0.pl line 4704

At the risk of being a jerk, did you try to find the answer on your own?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Client+does+not+support+authenticat
ion+protocol+requested+by+server%3B+&btnG=Google+Search

I just copied the first bit of the error message into a Google search
box.  Lots of information.

This error usually means you are running a 4.1+ version of MySQL server,
and the client doesn't understand the newer authentication protocol.
You need to set the password using the OLD_PASSWORD function in MySQL.
Take a look at the top entry when you run the Google search, as it is
directly from MySQL's manual.

This should fix the error.  Good luck.  And in the future, you can save
time by trying a really quick Google search on error messages.