[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P... ignoring hanguponpolarityswitch

Neil and Fiona neilmc at netspace.net.au
Wed Jun 8 16:34:56 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 12:49 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 June 2005 12:00, Neil and Fiona wrote:
> > /var/log/messages seems to be indicating that the wctdm driver thinks
> > that the polarity of the line is reversed on start. (ie incorrect
> > polarity)
> >
> > Polarity reversed (0 -> 1)
>
> Reverse the tip and ring on the line then.  :-)
Yep. Will try it. Wish I could do it by ssh :)

> > I'll check it when I can get physical access. Does anyone know if hangup
> > detection is disabled if the driver thinks the line polarity is
> > incorrect?
>
> Could be, it's trivial to flip the tip and ring by accident.
>
> > Sorry...
> > Ver is Asterisk stable 1.07
>
> Does stable have this feature?  I know HEAD does.  Do you see any mention of
> that configuration parameter in asterisk/channels/chan_zap.c?
I think so. I found the bugtrack submission from the person who wrote
the code for it. I think it was a couple of years ago.

> > switchtype=national
>
> Are you on a PRI?  This configuration option is meaningless if not.
No. I should comment that out. I assumed that it wouldn't be doing
anything. It actually comes up as ignored in /var/log/asterisk/messages
too.

> > rxgain=11
> > txgain=1
>
> Have you actually tuned the system to get these parameters?

Yes. Some time ago.

> > busydetect=yes
>
> TURN THIS OFF!! unless you have a real reason to use it, do NOT use this...
> it's the #1 source of false hangups and other general weirdness.

It was turned on in absence of polarity reversal. It's actually been
okay. I tuned the busy_min and busy_max values for tone and pause
duration in the source code. Default was 75ms and 1100ms I think.
Australian tone is 375ms, so I set it to 300ms and 450ms.

Thanks for looking through it.