[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P... ignoring hanguponpolarityswitch

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Jun 8 09:49:17 MST 2005

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 12:00, Neil and Fiona wrote:
> /var/log/messages seems to be indicating that the wctdm driver thinks
> that the polarity of the line is reversed on start. (ie incorrect
> polarity)
>
> Polarity reversed (0 -> 1)

Reverse the tip and ring on the line then.  :-)

> I'll check it when I can get physical access. Does anyone know if hangup
> detection is disabled if the driver thinks the line polarity is
> incorrect?

Could be, it's trivial to flip the tip and ring by accident.

> Sorry...
> Ver is Asterisk stable 1.07

Does stable have this feature?  I know HEAD does.  Do you see any mention of
that configuration parameter in asterisk/channels/chan_zap.c?

> switchtype=national

Are you on a PRI?  This configuration option is meaningless if not.

> rxgain=11
> txgain=1

Have you actually tuned the system to get these parameters?  I'd use

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-November/071301.html

to set these values.

> callerid=555

I'd probably use "asreceived" but this isn't causing any trouble.

> busydetect=yes

TURN THIS OFF!! unless you have a real reason to use it, do NOT use this...
it's the #1 source of false hangups and other general weirdness.

It looks more or less fine, but yes, if it's saying it thinks the polarity's
reversed from the get-go, I'd try to swap the tip and ring and see if that
fixes things right.

-A.