[Asterisk-Users] Service Unavailble, Sipura 3000, CheckGroup, what the heck??

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jun 6 20:18:59 MST 2005

> I discovered some serious problem with several Sipuras 3000 but I don't know if the problem is
with them or Asterisk. Basically, if I call a Sipura
> PSTN line, when there is a call already in progress, generally I get a 503 Sevice Unavailable,
but if I try hard enough, I am able to get through
> and connect to dialed number. The  other call gets disconnected but the originator of the
other call is now on my call. Is this a bug of Asterisk's
> SIP implementation? or is it a Sipura configuration problem?
>
> I looked at other alternatives but haven't had any luck. Hint didn't work and CheckGroup does
exactly the same thing. Sometimes I get Service
> Unavailable but other times i can dial even though there is a call in progress.

Its almost impossible to respond to the above since the spa3k can be
configured in lots of different ways, and can interact with * in lots
of different ways. Since Sipura does not provide a nice way to post
their configs, it makes it even more difficult.

Personally, I've been using a spa3k with * for about nine months, and
really haven't had any problems with it.