[Asterisk-Users] No DTMF interpretation on outgoing calls

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jun 6 08:10:17 MST 2005

> I have this silly problem :
> When I place a call, being either to an extention or to an outside line,
> DTMF signals are ignored by Asterisk.
> This is serious because I can't even transfer calls (#) or park them (#70).
>
> When I receive a call there's no such problem.
> When I recover a call from parking (71) all goes OK too, and so goes call
> capturing with *8...
>
> I already tested dtmfmode=inband, rfc and info with no results.
> I'm using asterisk at home 0.6 and 1.1 and did tests on phones X-Lite,
> Grandstream 101 and Grandstream ATA-186.
>
> Please help!
> At this time, this is the only problem left before this server goes
> prodution. :(

The phone AND asterisk have to match; both rfc, both inband, or whatever.

I've had the best luck with Cisco and Grandstream phones set in
sip.conf with:
 dtmfmode=rfc2833

I'd suggest stopping and restarting asterisk after making such changes
just to "ensure" you know exactly what each definition is using.
If you made changes to the phone configs, reboot those as well.