[Asterisk-Users] zap to zap bridging not hanging up

Rajkumar S rajkumars at asianetindia.com
Sun Jun 5 09:21:09 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Sunday 05 June 2005 01:37, Master Abi wrote:
>
>>I am trying to develop a night divert. Caller dials in after hours on
>>Zap and it gets divert to a mobile number via a second Zap. The call
>>bridges but will not hangup the channels when the parties finish.
>

> Since you give us no information whatsoever about your hardware (what FXO
> device, the name of the PSTN, the version of Asterisk, I'm just shooting in
> the dark here.
>
> I'm willing to bet that you're either using a channel bank without CPD, you've
> told Asterisk that your Zap channel is not fxs_ks or you're on a phone
> network that does not provide CPD.  Unless your Zap channel is set to fxs_ks,
> Asterisk won't detect the battery polarity reversal (or drop) and thus has no
> way of knowing when the line has been hung up.

Sorry to intrude into this thread. I have a similar problem which I
posted a couple of days back.
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-June/110617.html

Is there a way for me to check if my network provides CPD, if indeed
that is the problem?

I am now testing using internal pbx, but even when I connected to my
BSNL network (In India), Zap was not detecting the remote line hanging up.

I would like to hear any one using Zap under BSNL in India.

raj