[Asterisk-Users] zap to zap bridging not hanging up

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Jun 5 16:42:23 MST 2005

On Sunday 05 June 2005 12:21, Rajkumar S wrote:
> Sorry to intrude into this thread. I have a similar problem which I
> posted a couple of days back.
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-June/110617.html

You shouldn't have to restart asterisk.  the soft hangup command should also
work.  But yes, it otherwise sounds like your provider does not provide CPD.

> Is there a way for me to check if my network provides CPD, if indeed
> that is the problem?

Easy way is with one of those cheapass phones which have an LED which comes on
when the phone is in use.  If the LED goes off briefly when the remote party
hangs up, there's a pretty good chance you have either battery drop or
battery reversal CPD.

The *proper* way to see it is with a voltmeter.  your off-hook voltage should
be between roughly -5 and -15 Volts DC.  CPD should either disconnect the
battery (0V) or reverse the battery (-5-15VDC) briefly upon remote party
hangup.

Regards,
Andrew