[Asterisk-Users] Compilation on Debian with support for HFC-chip based ISDN-cards

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Sun Jun 5 05:22:43 MST 2005

On søn, 2005-06-05 at 11:50 +0200, Klaus Ruebsam wrote:
> This is my first posting to the list. Thus hopefully the question has
> not been asked several times before...
>

> I'm trying to install asterisk on a PC using Debian Sarge but without
> any real success...
>
> Problem: I may get the Asterisk packet (Debian version) installed using
> 'apt-get install asterisk', but that does not include the bristuff from
> Junghanns (http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/) required for use of
> ISDN-cards based on the HFC-chip. Using the installation-file coming
> with bristuff I only get thousands of errors.

The asterisk packages, that Debian Sarge provide contain bri-stuff. You
don't need to patch it in. The only problem that is with the Debian
packages is, that the zaphfc module only get's compiled when you build
the modules against a 2.6 kernel. That has allready been reported in a
bug.

> A ready-to-go installation via CD that supports the HFC-chip is yet not
> available. Thus I'm stuck with the things available via CVS or as
> Debian-packets.
>
> Is there anybody out there that has successfully installed Asterisk
> using Debian Linux and a HFC-based ISDN-card?

Sure. A lot of people. It's commonly used.

Slán leat,
Martin List-Petersen
Mulrook, Co. Galway, Eire
(contact info on --> http://www.marlow.dk/)
--
To communicate is the beginning of understanding.
                         -- AT&T