[Asterisk-Users] Compilation on Debian with support for HFC-chip based ISDN-cards

Klaus Ruebsam k.ruebsam at gmx.net
Sun Jun 5 02:50:33 MST 2005

This is my first posting to the list. Thus hopefully the question has
not been asked several times before...

I'm trying to install asterisk on a PC using Debian Sarge but without
any real success...

Problem: I may get the Asterisk packet (Debian version) installed using
'apt-get install asterisk', but that does not include the bristuff from
Junghanns (http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/) required for use of
ISDN-cards based on the HFC-chip. Using the installation-file coming
with bristuff I only get thousands of errors.

A ready-to-go installation via CD that supports the HFC-chip is yet not
available. Thus I'm stuck with the things available via CVS or as
Debian-packets.

Is there anybody out there that has successfully installed Asterisk
using Debian Linux and a HFC-based ISDN-card?

Thanks in advance for your pointers.

Kind regards,

Klaus