[Asterisk-Users] AgentLogin already on?

Tyler asterisk at unixgod.net
Fri Jun 3 11:37:31 MST 2005

Hello folks,

I'm using Asterisk stable 1.0.7 in a small call center environment with
3 queues and about 25 agents.  All the agents login using the AgentLogin
method.  It works great with one small caveat.

Not all of our phones (Cisco 79XX's) are using the power-over-ethernet
setup, some are using external power bricks.  I've run into a problem a
couple times where an agent is logged in and somehow he/she kicks the
power brick under their desk causing the phone to power off and back on
again.

The phone boots up and registers fine but that Agent can no longer
login.  They get a message that that agent is already logged on, and if
I do a 'show agents' at the console, I see that agent as still logged in
as well.  The only way I can fix this is to restart asterisk (which in a
call center environment is a pain as all users must relogin, any queued
calls are lost, etc)

I've used CVS-HEAD a little and noticed that the CLI has an 'agent
logoff' command that would allow me to logout individual agents, however
the CVS-HEAD has been less than stable for me (I understand it's CVS
development, etc, hence why I'm using stable 1.0.7) so that's not an
option.

Any thoughts/solutions/opinions/flames ?   :-)

Thanks in advance,

tf.