[Asterisk-Users] Announce: Asterisk virtual configuration

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 19:11:21 MST 2005

I am a LAMP guy so bare in mind...... here is the teachers talk.....

We have this nice program that needs to be configured. There are
widgets that attach to this program that would be great if we could
manage them in the same place. These widgets are very diverse.
We need access to advanced options. A general quick setup
template would be nice to start from. We have a large beta testing
group.

The webrowser is the ideal tool to access the configuration tool.
The program is written in C. The program provides sensitive data
across the LAN and WAN. The program is optionally configured
via a database.

Possible solutions.......

1. Internal C webserver
2. LAMPPP application that alters the config files
3. LAMPPP application that alters the database
4. Java/other application that alters the config files
5. Java/other application that alters the database
6. Module for existing system
7. New infrastructure management/maintenance program

This is just crazy talk so add YOUR crazy ideas....