[Asterisk-Users] Announce: Asterisk virtual configuration

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 18:20:43 MST 2005

On 6/2/05, Andrew Latham <lathama at gmail.com> wrote:
> between this and the biz list is looks like a few of use are
> duplicating our work.
>
> should we start a frame work up for this as an included project....?

What types of things did you have in mind for putting into a general
framework?  Are you talking about a generic web gui for asterisk, or
something else?  Just curious.

I know one of the things I wanted is a more direct configuration
interface that doesn't abstract everything out so much.  Then after
that is done add on abstraction layers.

I think one of the major things is getting enough people to decide on
what platform to use.  Mod perl/template toolkit, mod perl/mason, php,
zope, twisted, jboss, etc..

Most end users want something simple like php.  However I also think
that the future for smaller users is going to be in using a hosted
service, not using their own * box.  If you want to use your own *
box, then I don't think it's  unreasonable to expect that type of user
to be able to install sometihng like zope or mod perl.  Now Jboss
might be going a little too far..

Chris