[Asterisk-Users] trunk timing on 2.6.x

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Thu Jun 2 07:40:56 MST 2005

Raul Elizondo (wizardteam) wrote:

>Two asterisk, one in a 2.4.x and another one in a 2.6.x are connection ok
>using IAX, before i upgraded one of them (the one with 2.6.x) Trunk was
>working ok.  Since i upgraded the one that its now 2.6.x, i m getting this
>message:
>
>chan_iax2.c:5067 socket_read: meta trunk cmd 1 received, I only understand 0
>(perhaps the remote side is sending trunk timestamps?)
>
>..and no sound comming from the 2.4.x while trunk=yes.  It is a FC3, and
>zaptel was compiled sing "make linux26" and udev configured as mentioned in
>README.udev from zaptel directory.  This fedora is working fine with a few
>sip hardphones and a TDM22B, which should handle the timing instead of using
>ztdummy, as i m doing it the other asterisk with 2.4.x.
>
>Haven't tried meetme yet, but at least with trunk=yes it is giving me that
>message constantly while both asterisk are bridged using IAX.

Unless something about your setup is causing data corruption of some
kind, then I don't think the O/S or kernel has anything to do with this.

It appears that one side is using CVS-HEAD, and sending trunktimestamps,
and the other side is using stable, which doesn't understand them.  So,
you need to turn off trunktimestamps on the CVS-HEAD box.

-SteveK