[Asterisk-Users] CVS HEAD won't compile for me

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Jun 1 23:19:16 MST 2005

Jeff Heath wrote:
> I checked out CVS HEAD today and tried to compile it with no luck, so
> then I checked out the stable version and compiled it successfully.  I'm
> 99% sure that I'm not missing anything and that I'm following the
> instructions correctly (I'm no guru, but I've compiled lots of programs
> successfully).
>
> My question is this:  is it fairly common that the CVS HEAD version
> won't compile?  Before I start digging deeper and troubleshooting, I
> want to make sure that it wasn't just something broken in the program
> and it didn't compile because it shouldn't compile.

It is common for me, since I am using a FreeBSD system and most of the
development is done on Linux. But if you are on a standard Linux box, it
should not happen. Try to find someone on the #irc channel that can help
you (instructions on www.asterisk.org) and if it is a bug, file a report.

Even though it should not happen, if you are using CVS head you have to
be prepared for this. Most of the time it compiles, but it may not work
properly :-) CVS head is the development version of Asterisk.

Best regards,
/Olle

----
Astricon - the Asterisk User's conference - Madrid June 15-17
http://www.astricon.net/europe/ - Register today!