[Asterisk-Users] UPS rating for SOHO asterisk box

Terry H. Gilsenan thg at interoil.com
Wed Jun 1 02:04:47 MST 2005

I have many sites that have a 35amp Charger with 2 x 400ah 900CCA deep cycle
batteries (10 year warranty), and 1000VA inverters.

The combination makes for perfect power and about 2.5 days run time with my
network kit whish consists of several Dlink wifi access points, 1 xbox
(hacked into a router/firewall) and a vsat system.

Total cost for the power kit AUD$1400 all up, and not a single second of
downtime in over a year.

On the flipside, I have seen a ups flare when the transformer overheated and
melted the varnish, nasty!

Regards,