[Asterisk-Users] UPS rating for SOHO asterisk box

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Jun 1 02:53:50 MST 2005

>I have many sites that have a 35amp Charger with 2 x 400ah 900CCA deep cycle
>batteries (10 year warranty), and 1000VA inverters.

Those deep cycles batteries look quite appropriate... in which kind of
store do you get them?

>The combination makes for perfect power and about 2.5 days run time with my
>network kit whish consists of several Dlink wifi access points, 1 xbox
>(hacked into a router/firewall) and a vsat system.
>
>Total cost for the power kit AUD$1400 all up, and not a single second of
>downtime in over a year.

Looks pretty cool :)

>On the flipside, I have seen a ups flare when the transformer overheated and
>melted the varnish, nasty!

Woops! Well, at the moment I have only 95 amp/hour and the power drain
on the UPS is pretty low (about 130W). Still, it looks like I need to
get a proper charger / inverter :-/

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.