[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel and SUSE - the real story

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Sun Jul 31 06:05:12 MST 2005

Dear list,

I finally identified the reason of my (now gone) problems compiling
zaptel on my SUSE test machine:

nothing to do with kernels, suse or anything along the lines! The
problem was in a space that was inadvertedly in the directory name where
I had collected the .gz files, and then the directories.

As soon as I eliminated the space from 'asterisk sources', with  a more
standard dash, the make script worked like a charm.

Of course one has to be aware about spaces in Linux file names.. It
could be however be a good idea to make the script less sensitive to
such quirks.

But, as always, all is well that ends well.

regards,
Aldo