[Asterisk-Users] Sipura support down the tubes

Paul Dugas paul at dugas.cc
Sun Jul 31 09:13:59 MST 2005

I had a problem in the past with a SPA-3000 acting funny that Sipura
helped me with by telling me how to factory reset it.  They responded in
less than a day to my email request and the unit has worked fine since.
I've had similar turn around on requests related to a batch of SPA-841
phones.  They were all handled by real people who appeared very
knowledgeable on the products.  This appears to have changed with the
recent change in Sipura ownership.

I put another SPA-3000 in service just over a month ago.  Early last week,
the FXS interface stopped woking; after the relay opens, all I get on the
handset is crackling over a low hiss.  I've been trading emails with
Sipura's new support system all week now and have had it.  They take 2
days to respond with irrelevant suggestions they obviously cut out of some
knowledge-base somewhere.  They're now telling be to use the voice menu to
hard-reset the unit while in every email I've explained in detail that the
FXS interface is busted.   Gah!!!!

Sorry for the noise, just venting.  Nothing to do but trash the unit and
start looking for another vendor.  I love the SPA3k and used to like
Sipura support.  Another VoIP industry vendor down the toilet IMHO.

Paul

--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas.cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park