[Asterisk-Users] strange dial problem with polycom 501

Tom Hayden thayden at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 09:48:44 MST 2005

Michael, I think I got it solved. In my sip.cfg on the boot server
make sure that

dialplan.impossibleMatchHandling="2"

Here's what the SoundPoint manual says about this var

If set to 0, the digits entered up to
and including the point where an
impossible match occurred are sent
to the server immediately.
If set to 1, give reorder tone.
If set to 2, allow user to accumulate
digits and dispatch call manually
with the Send soft key.

Cheers,

Tom Hayden
Astoria Telecom, LLC
www.astoriatelecom.net

On 7/28/05, Bruno De Luca <bdeluca at fgasoftware.com> wrote:
> try to see if u have set at sip.conf  *dtmfmode=rfc2833*
>
> Michael George wrote:
>
> >I am having a strange problem with polycom 501 and dailing.  I've read the
> >archives and no one there specifically mentions this problem, so I thought I'd
> >ask here.
> >
> >The problem is that when the user picks up the receiver or pressed new call,
> >sometimes they will enter a number (for example 95072091234) and in the middle
> >of the number the cursor might jump back one digit.  So the call above, if
> >just typed into the phone, might end up: 9507291234.  Other times the cursor
> >might jump right back to the beginning of the number.
> >
> >This doesn't happen when they enter the number and the press "dial", so it
> >seems to be a digitmap problem.
> >
> >However, the digitmap is nearly the same as what I've used on IP-500s in the
> >past.  It is:
> >"[0]|*8|*2xx|#5|#7x|[278]xx|[9]11|9411|9x.T"
> >
> >[Actually it was " [0]|*8|*2xx|#5|#7x|[278]xx|[9]11|9411|9x.T" -- I don't know
> >where that space came from, but I'll take it out and test again today.]
> >
> >Are there any obvious problems with that digitmap?  Anything else that I
> >should take a look at?
> >
> >Thank you.
> >

> --
>
>  BRUNO DE LUCA