[Asterisk-Users] To anyone seeking 911 Service Providers "stay away!!!"

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Jul 26 06:36:25 MST 2005

Once upon a time Tuesday 26 July 2005 8:00 am, Julio Arruda wrote:

> >>Implement 1 single hard wire for this service and cover your tush!
> >
> > This is what I tell my customers as well, not because I can't do it but
> > because they typically have the line there anyway for fax and/or security
> > which carries the DSL circuit for VOIP.  :-)
>
>  From what I understand, the big deal is with cable providers and naked
> DSL providers, where you don't really have a 'landline' tied to your DSL  ?
> Would be interesting to people involved in asterisk biz. to have a
> summary of countries and their regulations on these issues, anyone know
> if a summary like this is posted somewhere ?
Well i have cable and dont have a landline,  and refuse to get one at $45 a
month  the cheapest option and $65 a month the most expensive.  i have
Asterisk with 2 external DID one a US based one and one is an Australian one.
Yes i know i dont have 911 service   thats what my cell phone is for.  the
only time it would be an issue is with guests.

Dennis