[Asterisk-Users] To anyone seeking 911 Service Providers "stayaway!!!"

Rusty Shackleford john97 at flatline.com
Tue Jul 26 10:47:54 MST 2005

The FCC regulation is still in the comment phase. When it goes into
effect it will require "interconnected" VOIP lines (defined as those
enabling calls both to and from the PSTN) to provide access to the
appropriate local PSAP, via the appropriate selective router (where on
exists for that location). The regulation further requires providers of
interconnected VOIP service to provide one or more methods for end-users
to update their location. At least one of those methods must be
accessible via nothing more than the CPE.