[Asterisk-Users] Lost in AAH Setup

Ed Pastore epastore at ascp.com
Fri Jul 22 13:09:34 MST 2005

Hi folks. Thanks for having patience with a newbie...

I am going through the setup exercise at
http://chayden.net/Asterisk/SeUpAsteriskAtHome.htm

I am trying to do it all on BroadVoice since this is just
experimental, and the 100 minutes of outgoing from them should be
enough for now. So I set up BroadVoice for both inbound and outbound,
using a combination of the instructions referenced above and the info
at http://www.broadvoice.com/support_install_asterisk.html for the
outgoing setup.

Everything seemed to be going relatively smoothly (not entirely sure
I got the outgoing settings right) until I got to the "Check for
Phone Registration" section. My Xten phone logs in properly, but when
I dial *23 I get a busy signal. Is that right? Seems like I'm
supposed to get a dialog.

Well, I tried plowing ahead and made it further down the page, but
get stuck again when I get to the Outbound Routing section. When I
dial 7777, I hear a dial tone, the screen says "dialing," then it
says "connected," then it says "Hung Up." It shows that I was
connected for one second. Seems like that's not right either.

Any hints on where I should troubleshoot?

TIA!

P.S. Wondering if I have an extra trunk too... I have the SIP/
broadvoice one I set up for both inbound and outbound, and I also
have a ZAP/g0 trunk. Where did that come from?