[Asterisk-Users] --- Problem with queues.conf and extensions.conf ---

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Fri Jul 22 10:04:38 MST 2005

somesh s wrote:
> Hi Asterisk-Users,
>
> We have a problem with queues.conf / extensions.conf
>
> queues.conf file reads like ...
>
> member => SIP/8399
>
> extensions.conf reads like ...
>
> exten => 8399, 1, SetCIDNum(${AccountNumber}|a)
> exten => 8399, 2, Dial(SIP/8399,10,Ttrf)
>
> When somebody calls to the queue, we observed that
> it is not going through extensions.conf
> (previous two lines)
>
> That mean's it is not executing dial plan rather it
> is directly dialing to 8399.
>
> We can observe this in asterisk-cmd-line where
> SetCIDNum is not executed.
>
> Anybody has some pointers on this problem, please
> do reply.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Somesh SS

Somesh,

	It is impossible for the call to NOT go through extensions.conf.
Anyways, I am having some difficulties understanding exactly what the
problem is, but I can offer several suggestions:

1)  Remove those spaces from your exten => line:

exten => 8399,1,SetCIDNum(${AccountNumber}|a)
exten => 8399,2,Dial(SIP/8399,10,Ttrf)

2) Do you want the call to be handled by a queue?  You need to use the
Queue (not Dial) application for that.  From what it sounds like, you
don't want to use queues at all...  Please clarify.

--
Kristian Kielhofner