[Asterisk-Users] Is soekris good?

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Jul 21 15:23:34 MST 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 23:16, Juraj Bednar wrote:
> > * Shorwall firewall
>
>     Try to get a real firewall, Shorewall has quite high latency. You
> should optimize...

Can you explain that?
Shorewall is just a set of scripts to help you setup IPtables for Netfilter.
Once Shorewall has done its configuring, it does not do anything more, so how
could it cause latency?
By a 'real firewall' you mean a hardware firewall? What better hardware
firewall than a Linux box?

I'm interested because I send all my VOIP traffic through a Linux firewall
using Shorewall to configure Netfilter, and wouldn't want to be causing
latency with it.

Richard.