[Asterisk-Users] PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on Primary D-channel of span 1

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Jul 20 22:41:13 MST 2005

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Paul Belanger wrote:

> Any to back my clams that asterisk is fine, I'm using the TE405P, with a
> different telco in my second span and it operates fine!!

What span is your clock source? A TE405P card can only operate in one
clock domain at a time. I.e. the same clock will be used on all of them.
If both providers are connected to the same TE405P card you will most
likely have a problem with one of them unless they in turn have their
clocks locked to a common source.

Two differently clocked sources wil manifest themselves as the occasional
bit slip. I am not sure if a bit slip can cause the problems on the D
channel you are seeing.

Peter