[Asterisk-Users] PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on Primary D-channel of span 1

Paul Belanger pabelanger at codeslingers.ca
Thu Jul 21 15:22:54 MST 2005

See inline comments:

Peter Svensson wrote:

>What span is your clock source? A TE405P card can only operate in one
>clock domain at a time. I.e. the same clock will be used on all of them.

Not correct, I actual have span 1 connected to my telco and span 2
connected to a Norstar PBX.  See diagram.

Telco <-----> Asterisk <-----> Norstar PBX

>If both providers are connected to the same TE405P card you will most
>likely have a problem with one of them unless they in turn have their
>clocks locked to a common source.

For this, span 1 is CPE and span 2 is network.

>Two differently clocked sources wil manifest themselves as the occasional
>bit slip. I am not sure if a bit slip can cause the problems on the D
>channel you are seeing.

Before I when into production, I created a stress test using the TE405P
and a Dialogic D/MV960A 4T1.  Between both cards, I had different
clocking sources on each port; not a problem.  I was able to generate
millions of calls between the two with out any problems,

>Peter

Anyways, the source of my problem was infact the telco, and 6 hours
after asterisk reported my PRI's down, the telco brought the D-channel
back in service, and asterisk went back to work.  Did not even reboot
the machine.

PB