[Asterisk-Users] Re: So you all think VoIP sypply is warm and fuzzy

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Tue Jul 19 05:13:01 MST 2005

On 18/07/05 17:06 -0700, Michael D Schelin wrote:
>    I was waiting for everyone to reply so here is mine.. Check out the
>    Mediatrix web site. There are no downloads or lists of resellers who might
>    have this provisioning software that is normally included with purchase.
>    You may be right that it is a refurb but every indication points that it
>    is not.  I have contacted both companies and I'm waiting for replys. I'm
>    on the west coast and it took over 7 days to get here. I am a little
>    pissed when all other ATA's are configurable from their built in web
>    server. And Yes, I'm self serving as well as mostly everybody I've ran
>    into in this business.  This unit was purchased for testing. Because of
>    the timezone problem, When I get the product from UPS it's too late to
>    call Canada or FL. when all I need is a simple download to correct the
>    problem.  Is it too much to expect everything in the box when you purchase
>    it? Or have a web site with these free included software so if this
>    happens we don't wast our valuable time.  By the way I did get an email
>    from VOip Supply asking me to wait until morning so they could find the
>    software.  This is at 2:30 PST.  This complaint was to hear from others
>    about VoIP Supply and their business practices. I wanted to get feedback
>    ether way, or maybe a contact name so I can get this paper weight working
>    and tested.  Has anyone used the 2102? Please let me know.

Obviously you have a misunderstanding. Why not assume that there is a
misunderstanding, with voipsupply then work from there instead of
dumping your anger out on all of us?

I don't doubt that there is a CD or there was once a CD that shipped
with the 2102, but - According to the Medaitrix Web Site...

--- Copy and paste from mediatrix web site ---
With the Mediatrix 2102, service providers get the product
characteristics allowing them to successfully deploy residential IP
telephony applications. The Mediatrix 2102 provides a web interface,
giving users a convenient access to the unit for initial set-up. The
Mediatrix 2102 can auto-provision by fetching its encrypted
configuration file from a TFTP or HTTP server making installation
transparent to end-users. To further facilitate deployments, factory
loaded configurations are possible. Automatic firmware and
configuration file downloads ensure that the 2102 is always
up-to-date.

You are supposed to use a web interface for initial set up.

Jason