[Asterisk-Users] Difference between Asterisk and Asterisk@home

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Jul 17 23:19:21 MST 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 12:03:42AM -0500, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
> >On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 07:04 +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> >

> >>OT:
> >>
> >>Not a "Knoppix", actually. You can't do anything useful with it without a
> >>HD install. A while ago I needed badly to test a certain system with
> >>Asterisk without installing it and was amazed to see the little existing
> >>support LiveCDs had of Asterisk. I ended up using AsteriskLive 0.1.6,
> >>even though it was rather old.
> >>

> >If you wanted a knoppix install there is knopsterix, which can save your
> >config without overwriting your whole drive without prompting you to
> >save a partition or two.

However they were not avilable for download, so I never bothered.

> 	I should be releasing a much improved Live version of AstLinux
> 	within a week or so.  A test version was announced on my mailing list a
> while ago, with pretty good results so far.  It will be AstLinux 0.2.8, and
> available as an ISO (as well as the Windows install package, disk
> images, etc.)  I'll let everyone here know when it's released.

This was actually the ifrst one I tried.

I tried astlinux 0.2.6 as well, however as a "live CD" it wasn't useful,
because I could not write any modified configuration on the live /etc .
Thus I could not run asterisk with the modified configuration without a
proper installation.