[Asterisk-Users] Difference between Asterisk and Asterisk@home

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Sun Jul 17 22:03:42 MST 2005

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 07:04 +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
>>On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 10:18:26PM -0500, Andrew Latham wrote:
>>
>>>That question could start a battle.
>>>
>>>Asterisk at Home is a bootable Asterisk system. Think of it as the
>>>Knoppix of the Linux distro world. It could work but that is for you
>>>to decide.
>>
>>OT:
>>
>>Not a "Knoppix", actually. You can't do anything useful with it without a
>>HD install. A while ago I needed badly to test a certain system with
>>Asterisk without installing it and was amazed to see the little existing
>>support LiveCDs had of Asterisk. I ended up using AsteriskLive 0.1.6,
>>even though it was rather old.
>>

> If you wanted a knoppix install there is knopsterix, which can save your
> config without overwriting your whole drive without prompting you to
> save a partition or two.

	I should be releasing a much improved Live version of AstLinux within a
week or so.  A test version was announced on my mailing list a while
ago, with pretty good results so far.  It will be AstLinux 0.2.8, and
available as an ISO (as well as the Windows install package, disk
images, etc.)  I'll let everyone here know when it's released.

--
Kristian Kielhofner