[Asterisk-Users] Difference between Asterisk and Asterisk@home

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Jul 17 21:04:07 MST 2005

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 10:18:26PM -0500, Andrew Latham wrote:
> That question could start a battle.
>
> Asterisk at Home is a bootable Asterisk system. Think of it as the
> Knoppix of the Linux distro world. It could work but that is for you
> to decide.

OT:

Not a "Knoppix", actually. You can't do anything useful with it without a
HD install. A while ago I needed badly to test a certain system with
Asterisk without installing it and was amazed to see the little existing
support LiveCDs had of Asterisk. I ended up using AsteriskLive 0.1.6,
even though it was rather old.