[Asterisk-Users] Difference between Asterisk and Asterisk@home

Terry H. Gilsenan thg at interoil.com
Sun Jul 17 20:31:28 MST 2005

It should be mentioned that the asterisk at home CD-ROM will silently (...or
with very little fanfare) blow away any partitions you may have on your PC
and install Linux and Asterisk at home. So....

Be very carefull is booting on the Asterisk at home CD-ROM on a system that you
don't want to sacrifice.

That said, I have several asteris at home installs and they work fine for my
purposes. I have dual TDM400P's with 8 incoming PSNT (TDM) lines from the
Telco, and a combination of SIP and IAX2 hard and softphones.