[Asterisk-Users] OT (kinda): Justification for adding Asteriskto the business plan

/dev/null jedispamhopper at comcast.net
Fri Jul 15 05:15:45 MST 2005

> The fact that Asterisk is "soft" and you're trying to sell to
> an IT Company..

Just to clarify, we make up the IT company and we'd be selling it to our
customers that may or may not be IT based.  The company does run VoIP but
does not use Asterisk (using VoIP to add additional local lines in different
area codes).

What I'm trying to accomplish is a convo/thread of why IT consultancies
should take on Asterisk in their normal support (or a value-add service).
When I look at VoIP, I see nothing different between setting up and
configuring perl scripts for AGI/* Manager interfaces (system admin
scripting) to plugging the BRI into a Digium card from the old T1 router.
Granted there are some differences in command configurations and might have
to label a wire or two "Voice" instead of "Data" but nothing earth
shattering.

As for sales, it would be just adding new listings under "Telephones" in the
yellow pages and adding a few words to brochures/web pages.

-Don