[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: SpanDSP rxfax, no tiff

Rob Danz rob at tancow.net
Fri Jul 15 05:13:24 MST 2005

I've tried both with and without Answer as the first line, same result.
When I was searching through the archives, I believe there was a post from
Steve Underwood that said to always use Answer as the first line.

> Yes, the permissions are okay for getting to that folder.

> /var/spool/asterisk is writable (voicemail works & that's a subdirectory

> under the same path that has the same permissions as the subdirectory

> 'asterisk-fax'

> As the same user that runs asterisk I did a 'touch

> /var/spool/asterisk/asterisk-fax/test.tif' just to be sure I could write

> to that directory.  Permissions are fine.

[...]

> [custom-fax]

> exten => s,1,Answer

> exten => s,2,Macro(faxreceive)

> exten => s,3,SetVar(ONZENID=${UNIQUEID})

> exten => h,1,system(/usr/local/sbin/mailfax ${FAXFILE}

> myemail at mydomain.com "${CALLERIDNUM} ${CALLERIDNAME}" ${ONZENID})

[...]

I do not have the system perform an answer. Try removing the line,

perhaps the system is getting confused.