[Asterisk-Users] OT: DS3 -> VoIP Hardware Recommendations

Tom tom at ispstuff.com
Wed Jul 13 13:41:17 MST 2005

At 12:31 PM 7/13/2005, you wrote:
>Trust me dude..  You don't want a lucent TNT.  If your going all out for
>an DS3 and you don't want to multiplex it then you will need something
>that will take a DS3 which I don't believe TNT's do.  Purchase an
>AS5400HPX they will and work very well.  Set yourself up with some
>dialpeers etc and your good to go.  Trust me.  I have done it.

How can he trust you dude when you don't know anything about a TNT?

Here is one for under $8000 that is configured to handle a full DS3 with
hardware echo suppression and it can also take v.92 modem calls.  They have
had a full DS3 card since at least 1998.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5788149517

Your equivalent in Cisco is just under $42000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5787884867

I am not bashing Cisco.  I am a fan and have configured many Cisco
routers.  But I have a pair of TNTs as an * gateway (one for a hot spare)
and they cost a heck of a lot less than a pair of 5400s.  Our dialup TNT
has been rock solid for many years other than a power supply failure.  Now
if the TNT only ran IOS instead of TAOS....

Tom