[Asterisk-Users] iaxy configuration

Chadwick E. Labno clab at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 13 13:38:58 MST 2005

I'm trying to get a "Digium IAXy" working on an ethernet connected to my
asterisk server
using the instructions in the "Iaxy_installation_guide.pdf". I
configured the
iaxy.sample.conf file with my information:
server: 192.168.1.91
user: clab
pass: camaro
I also entered the suggested configuration into the "iax.conf" file and the
"extensions.conf" file though I am not sure the line:
"exten => 1234,1,Dial(IAX2/asteriskhost.company.com at iaxy/s)"
is what I want. I tried entering the IP of the IAXy but still fails. I
would not think I
need to go out to the Internet to complete this call or am I wrong? Let
me continue;
I ran the "iaxyprov" utility, started asterisk and power cycled the IAXy
unit and get an error:
"no registration for 'clab' (from 192.168.1.96)"
the ...96 address is assigned to the IAXy by my DHCP
when I go off hook I get the message:
"rejected connect attempt from 192.168.1.96". I am hoping to
be able to originate and terminate a call with the IAXy, not internet
calls but calls to anf from the analog POTS line.
Thanks
Chad

'
As for the server I'm have a TDM400 with one FXO and a FXS
module. Calls using these modules work but not the IAXy
calls.
Thanks Chad