[Asterisk-Users] Having Trouble Creating an IVR

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue Jul 12 15:56:42 MST 2005

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 02:23:39PM -0400, Tim P wrote:
> I have asterisk 1.0.5 installed via apt on a debian system.  It's a
> custom distrobution called Voyage Linux that runs from a flash card
> and I have a hard drive installed with mysql installed on it as well
> as apache.

/me wonders if a simple debian install wouldn't have been better for a
hard-disk install.

Looking that that Voyage...

> I have been though the AMP install guide (asterisk
> management portal) and in the interface it has a place for me to
> record new IVR menus.  I have to dial *77 to begin recording but it
> just gives me a beep-beep-beep like I have an invalid line when
> attemping to dial it.  *77 exists in my extensions.conf and I am able
> to make and recieve calls from the extension I am using.  I didn't
> think this sounded like an AMP problem as the conf files has the
> entries in there.
>
> I looked in the astrisk "full" logfile but saw no errors pertaining to
> this nor did I see anything in the console when I connected with
> asterisk -rvvvvv and did a sip debug ip 192.168.5.114:5060 (my
> extensions's ip and port).
>
> Where should I begin with troubleshooting?

What do you see on the asterisk CLI (asterisk -r) when you try recording?

Turn off sip debug unless you have a sip issue: it generates plenty of
irrelevant output.

Use that and http://voip-info.org/ to debug the issue. If that still
doesn't help, follow-up here with that trace, and with the relevant
configuration files (e.g: extensions.conf) .