[Asterisk-Users] Having Trouble Creating an IVR

Tim P panterafreak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 11:23:39 MST 2005

I have asterisk 1.0.5 installed via apt on a debian system.  It's a
custom distrobution called Voyage Linux that runs from a flash card
and I have a hard drive installed with mysql installed on it as well
as apache.  I have been though the AMP install guide (asterisk
management portal) and in the interface it has a place for me to
record new IVR menus.  I have to dial *77 to begin recording but it
just gives me a beep-beep-beep like I have an invalid line when
attemping to dial it.  *77 exists in my extensions.conf and I am able
to make and recieve calls from the extension I am using.  I didn't
think this sounded like an AMP problem as the conf files has the
entries in there.

I looked in the astrisk "full" logfile but saw no errors pertaining to
this nor did I see anything in the console when I connected with
asterisk -rvvvvv and did a sip debug ip 192.168.5.114:5060 (my
extensions's ip and port).

Where should I begin with troubleshooting?