[Asterisk-Users] Having Trouble Creating an IVR

Tim P panterafreak at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 08:22:36 MST 2005

Ok it seems that the sipura ata was causing part of the problem (not
being able to call the extension).  I am now able to call the
extension and get the beep prompt to begin recording but it immediatly
hangs up.  I would suspect a write permissions issue but everyone has
full write permissions to /tmp (IVR temporary storage) and
asterisk:asterisk (user:group) has full permissions to
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds which according to the wiki is where the
permanent files are stored.

CLI gives the following when using the *77

obstructor:~# asterisk -rcvvvvv
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf': Found
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf': Not found (No such file
or directory)
Asterisk 1.0.5, Copyright (C) 1999-2004 Digium.
Written by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
Connected to Asterisk 1.0.5 currently running on obstructor (pid = 702)
Verbosity was 0 and is now 5
    -- Executing Wait("SIP/102-d087", "2") in new stack
    -- Executing Record("SIP/102-d087", "102ivrrecording:wav") in new stack
    -- Playing 'beep' (language 'en')
    -- Executing Wait("SIP/102-d087", "2") in new stack
    -- Executing Hangup("SIP/102-d087", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (from-internal, *77, 4) exited non-zero on 'SIP/102-d087'
    -- Executing Macro("SIP/102-d087", "hangupcall") in new stack
    -- Executing ResetCDR("SIP/102-d087", "w") in new stack
    -- Executing NoCDR("SIP/102-d087", "") in new stack
    -- Executing Wait("SIP/102-d087", "5") in new stack
    -- Executing Hangup("SIP/102-d087", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (macro-hangupcall, s, 4) exited non-zero on
'SIP/102-d087' in macro 'hangupcall'
  == Spawn extension (from-internal, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/102-d087'
obstructor*CLI>

As for the system setup I boot from a compact flash card that is
read-only and have a hard drive that I write voicemails and database
files to for AMP.  I installed via apt-get.  This allows for the user
to reboot teh machine at will and saves me the trouble of a corrupted
system when it is unexpectedly shutdown.

any thoughts on that output?