[Asterisk-Users] Problem with DTFM and complex international setup

Rob Scott Rob_Scott at epam.com
Tue Jul 12 09:44:19 MST 2005

I don't think so.

Your problem seems to do with your not being able to use an IAX client
to transmit DTMF tones properly somehow.

I am using a normal phone to connected to FWD which then connects to an
Asterisk server using IAX protocol.
The point is that between the phone and the far Asterisk server, I guess
that the tones are being sent as audio and not as inbound messages.
So the far Asterisk server has to listen to the audio for the tones.
On an unstable connection, it is sometimes missing a tone, or hearing a
break in a tone and thinking that it is two identical tones, which
results in a mis-interpreted number sequence at the other end.

So I think the problems are different.